How Actifile Works
Actifile’s small footprint agent and cloud management dashboard provides end-to-end data privacy functionality consisting of full data discovery, data flow auditing and risk remediation functions,
Actifile produces automated risk assessment reports by using regulation templates to automatically discover and audit the flow of regulated data within and outside of the business.
With a single click, identified risks may be reduced using Actifile’s transparent encryption functionality, which provides safe harbor for the data and doesn’t affect the workflows.
Actifile Data Privacy Risk Assessment
Discover regulated data across the organization’s laptops, workstations and servers.
Discover data flow to and from any application, including business sanctioned applications and shadow IT.
Create subscription opportunities to provide continuous monitoring and alerts of the risk as it evolves.
Create services opportunities to assist with compliance audits and drive down data privacy risks.
A very simple process exposes the risks that customers care about and uncovers many business opportunities for the MSP:
Run the automated discovery tool. Wait 4-5 business days to discover application use.
Retrieve built in report and present to customer.
Assess the risk posed by data types, quantity, devices and applications.
Set up automated audits. Work with Actifile support on reduction strategies (if required).
Implement risk reduction strategy and services.
Don’t take our word for it
CEO, Choice CyberSecurity
Actifile Customer Examples
Actifile supports both IP protection as well as regulatory compliance use cases:
As a result of installing Actifile, the community hospital was able to:
- Discover existing PHI on the hospital’s endpoints.
- Transparently encrypt all hospital related PHI on roaming endpoints (such as the BYOD Doctor endpoints)
- Create audits and report on PHI usage.
- Support provisioning of laptops to their employees.
- Enable the protection of data at subcontractors (such as printers, lawyers, HR/benefits, etc.).
- Demonstrate compliance
As a result the financial services company was able to control the data without risking scanning employee private data and/or other financial institutions’ customer data.
- Run a risk assemssent to discover and audit all PHI that is outside the LIMS
- Evaluate the workflows and optimize that ones that result in liability
- Execute controls to substantially reduce the liability associated with data
Using Actifile the benefits administrator was able to:
- Run a risk assessment to discover PII and financial data
- Create a working audit of all the data at all times
- Provide controls that help reduce the liability associated with the data without interrupting the workflows
By pointing Actifile to their project repository, Actifile was able to help the company protect their assets transparently – ensuring that authorized personnel were able to get their job accomplished – but in a protected manner.
Actifile helped the retailer’s IT to:
- Figure out what was on those endpoints.
- Ensure that European customer information is protected for GDPR.
- Ensure that the corporate information is protected.
Built in Regulatory Templates
Risk Dashboard and Reporting
Data at Rest Discovery
Data Risk Heatmap
Transparent Encryption for Parked Data
Multi-Tenant Cloud Based Management
Blacklist and whitelist controls
Flavors of BYOD
Data Privacy compliance is one of the biggest risks facing SMB's today. Especially for MSPs, knowing how to audit data and proactively avoid the liability is key to long term success. Ditsa Keren from Website Planet sat down with Guy Bavly, co-founder and CEO of...
Presented in association with: Register Now There are many things to consider when it comes to the new work from home setups most companies have adopted. The attack surface for most companies grew exponentially overnight. As a result, the Department of Defense reports...
Covid-19 is accelerating disruption in work habits. By way of example, work-from-home is becoming a viable option for organizations that wouldn't have even considered it a mere 30-60 days ago. Join Aviva and our own Guy Bavly as they discuss the future of data...
Managed Service Provider? Work with us
centralized, and well-integrated offering