Addresses the liabilities created by data that is outside your trusted apps
Complements existing systems:
Can complement other InfoSec systems, such as DLP
Helps leverage the gig-economy:
Work securely and productively with users working outside of the organization
Helps address the insider threat:
Helps address the issue of employee data hoarding and carelessness
Just and click on data sources to discover and protect
Work in unmanaged endpoints outside your secured perimeter
Actifile has no effect on the corporate and users’ way-of-doing-business
Data and application agnostic:
Works with any data taken from any application
Easy to deploy and use:
Does not require data security expertise to configure and maintain
Works independently of the network:
No dependency on network services, such as Active Directory
How Actifile Works
Roaming laptops and BYOD present two new challenges: mixed-use (endpoints host a mix of corporate data with private employee data and/or data that belongs to another employer) and the need for network independecy. Actifile addresses these needs by:
- Actifile differentiates corporate data from other data
- Monitor select corporate data sources (cloud, intranet and applications) for sensitive data
- Tracks the sensitive data as it is used by different applications
- Inheritence function allows the protection to persist even when data is shared out-of-band
- Lightweight (< 20 megabytes), easy to install and remove application
- Always-on and at-will modes support both full and part time employment
- Small footprint policies allow tether-less functionality (does not require AD and other directories)
- SSO integration alleviates the need for policy writing
- Full tracking and reporting of data usage
- Safe harbor encryption (AES256)
- Built in discovery for baseline assessment
- Kill and Stay pill
- Works side-by-side with existing DLP
Actifile SIMPLIFIES DATA PROTECTION
Actifile: Secure PII and business sensitive data from any source, comply with GDPR and defend your firm from insider threats and cyber attacks.
Actifile Customer USE CASES
Actifile supports both IP protection as well as regulatory compliance use cases:
Community hospital has a variety of endpoints including Doctors with BYOD, departmental and administration endpoints. Due to the BYOD endpoints, DLP was deemed to be ineffective and the hospital decided to use Actifile.
As a result of installing Actifile, the community hospital was able to:
- Discover existing PHI on the hospital’s endpoints.
- Transparently encrypt all hospital related PHI on roaming endpoints (such as the BYOD Doctor endpoints)
- Create audits and report on PHI usage.
Financial Services Provider:
A large financial services that has an existing DLP implementation integrated Actifile. Using Actifile it was able to solve two issues:
- Support provisioning of laptops to their senior managers.
- Enable the protection of data at subcontractors (such as printers, lawyers, HR/benefits, etc.).
As a result the financial services company was able to control the data without risking scanning employee private data and/or other financial institutions’ customer data.
Construction is big business with fierce competition. With project managers traversing the globe with laptops crammed full with project data (plans, budgets, proposals, architecture plans, etc.), the risks were unacceptable. Furthermore, connectivity is not always perfect at construction sites. So relying on cloud is not an options.
By pointing Actifile to their project repository, Actifile was able to help the company protect their assets transparently – ensuring that authorized personnel were able to get their job accomplished – but in a protected manner.
Large Duty-Free Retailer:
A large duty free retailer has point of sales machines everywhere, some with network access capability.
Actifile helped the retailer’s CISO to:
- Figure out what was on those endpoints.
- Ensure that European customer information is protected for GDPR.
- Ensure that the corporate information is protected.
Actifile Key features
Actifile has the features CISO’s demand:
Separation of Corporate Data from Private and other employer data
Many endpoints are mixed-use and hence have a mix of corporate data and other data (such as employee private data and other employer data). Unlike DLP, tracks corporate data separately – from its source (cloud, intranet or application) and throughout its lifecycle, ensuring data is protected but also that employee privacy is maintained.
AES256 encryption secures the data while it is stored on the endpoint. Full tracking can be used to demonstrate compliance with various regulation, and provide for safe harbor in case the laptop is lost or stolen.
Compliance Ready Reporting
Protecting data is important – but so is being able to show how data is being tracked and protected to regulators and auditors. Actifile shows the which laptops have sensitive data, ranked by risk, and how is that data being used.
Don’t take our word
“This is the only solution that gives me peace of mind; sensitive data extracted from business applications is immediately tagged and encrypted, rendering it GDPR compliant at the source.”
Jonathan Ben Elieaser
Managed Service Provider?
Work with Us.
The Actifile Suite lets MSPs solve an array of challenges for their customers, with a unified,
centralized, and well-integrated offering
Easy to Use
Unstructured Structure: Why Most Data Isn’t in Databases
About 80% of data is unstructured, according to research from Gartner. This data might comprise the lifeblood of the business. Learn how to analyze potential risks, then monitor and protect your assets.